Thursday, February 15, 2007

tripped

sorry, folks, I don’t have an encouraging word or an uplifting attitude to share today. today is one of those days when you just get tired of running the race… when you want to throw your hands up in the air. when you feel like there will always be someone prettier, smarter, more creative, more talented… it aches to the core. you wonder if anyone will ever be satisfied with just you… I need to be that with myself, I know. I can’t look to another for approval… how selfish of me! to put so much of a burden on someone else who has their own insecurities to struggle with… God has been pressing on my heart to be an encouragement to other people, stop thinking about myself all the time… and most of the time this works like a charm. but today I just failed miserably.

No comments: