Friday, February 23, 2007

llamas give hope

on sunny days lately, i drive off in my car over my lunch break. i think about times that aren't february. when things were warmer and well, happier. for me at least, i can't speak for the whole world. a few months ago it seemed i knew where i was going... now i'm just... confused. if i could say what i want to say i'm not sure it would make any difference. but anyways, today i saw a llama... and well, not a lot of people can say they saw a llama on their lunch break. so i thought that was pretty cool. and then it got me thinking... if a llama can suddenly and unexpectedly become a part of my friday afternoon lunch hour... then God can pretty much do anything He wants. and that is a comforting thought when all seems hopeless... chew on that for a little while.

2 comments:

kellieja said...

We have this small lake across the street from our house. A couple of weeks ago I saw a bald eagle just chillin on the bank. The closer I got, the happier I got. I was so excited that I might get a closer glimpse and then it flew away. It came back a few days later and this time it flew right over my head so I could grasp every part of this amazing bird. I saw him just the other day in the same place on the bank and I am so happy I have this new majestic friend. He gives me hope too.

heath-er said...

i love that! i need lots of hope right now. :(